Entertainment & Activities
Various activities take place, some organised by our own Activities Organisers, others provided by outside therapists and visitors.
- We have daily visits by the the proprietor’s dog.
- Weekly Physical Motivation and Music Therapy visits to stimulate the clients with music and word games. They are specialists in dealing with the elderly, particularly those with dementia and provide a welcome stimulus for many.
- From time to time we enjoy musical theatre entertainment from Stage Production Companies and regular music and dancing with the very talented care staff!
- Our own in-house activities organisers looks at the individual needs of the clients, specialising activities specifically to them, from painting, jewellery making, creating displays, wind chimes, bingo, cards, nail painting, board games and many more specialised activity sessions.
- There are televisions in all lounges (except one which is kept as a quiet area), taped music and CD’s and daily newspapers.
- We have recently constructed a all weather garden area with outstanding views over the town and English Channel.
- Regular outings for those Residents who wish to see a show or pop out for a coffee and wander around our local garden centre.
All residents are encouraged to participate in activities, but we also recognise that there are those with individual needs which we do make every effort to accomodate.